Thursday, September 16, 2004

I was reading someone ranting about people ranting about the church, especially young youth pastors. The young yps might not want to read "wait til you've got your spurs" kinds of messages, but it's true. It's not that we can just discount the word of a young person, and it's helpful to listen to what they have to say, but how much of it is true? How much is selfish -- the "I don't like the institutional church because it isn't meeting my needs" instead of asking "How can I give of myself to meet the needs of others?" or similar questions. What about making sure that our words uplift and encourage one another??? They seem to forget that part. The Church is a wonderful body, and I'm glad to be part of it. Sometimes I get sick of my local church, but then again, sometimes I act like a jerk, too...

No comments: