As the great philosopher, Robert VanWinkle, once said, "I'm back, and I'm ringin' a bell." OK, so that was a badly dated reference, come-back or not. I am finally back online, however, so my faithful readers can once again revel in their knowledge of what's going on in my exciting life. Without any further ado (if you call the above "ado"): here it is:
- Our mailing address isn't our street address. The ladies at the post office (where we have to go to pick up our mail) are not too happy that we have mail marked with our street address instead of our post office box. Honestly, how were we supposed to know that we didn't have mail delivered to our house??!?!
- If you find out that the Sidney Singing Soldiers are going to be singing at your church on a given Sunday and you're in charge, don't also include puppets, youth testimonies about church camp, and an extra-long prayer time. Or a sermon. And don't look around too much while they are singing; you might catch someone's eye and then you'll never stop laughing.
- I have to refrain from laughing when people ask, "Where did you park?" after church services. The smart-alek answer, "At my house." probably isn't all that appropriate, either.
- I've got two words for the "narthex" (entry way) of the church: Orange. Shag. Carpeting.
- If you don't want something, chances are someone will be willing to haul it off to a burn pile for you.
- We still don't have a kitchen. Well, we have the room where all the kitchen stuff will go, but the microwave (quietest microwave in town) is just a drawing on the wall.
I'll include some more commentary and updates on what's really been going on at another time. In the meantime, I've got sermons (and entire services) to plan...