Saturday, November 26, 2005

Germany (part 3)in which I finally make it to Wuppertal


I don't have a whole lot to write about the visit, or about sight-seeing in Baden-Baden (before we went to Wuppertal), but I did want to include a picture of the famous Schweberbahn, the elevated train in Wuppertal.
The people I met were great. In fact, so great that I never had to pay for a meal once I got to Wuppertal! By the time I got to Wuppertal, I was starting to remember all the German I'd learned. It was about time; I'd been in the country since Tuesday, and this was Friday. There were plenty of people who spoke English, but there were others who didn't, and Friday night I got to meet some of those who didn't. We had dinner in the home of a family with seven children (including two sets of twins). Only 4 of the kids were living at home, however. The parents were originally from East Germany, which I thought was interesting, though I'm not quite sure why.

In my next post, I'll write about the Evangelische Methodistische Kirche. But until then, here's an action picture of my fellow traveller.

No comments: