Sunday, December 04, 2005

Not my gift...

The youth group went bowling today. I went along. I bowled. I did horribly. I got probably my lowest score ever. I only got 73 pins (Way to go, Brian! You got 73 pins!).

I could give you all the excuses, like the ball was too heavy (it was -- it's hard to find an 8 pound ball with big enough holes for me to actually roll it without getting a finger or thumb stuck in it) or the lane was warped (maybe it was -- it sure seemed like it) or the other ball was too light (and had those dainty little finger holes in it).

But we had a good time, we laughed a lot, the Chicago Bears beat the Pack, and the kids all beat the pastor in bowling. Oh, and did I mention that it was also a youth group after-church lunch day? So we didn't have to cook today either (or clean up).

And, in the end, I can say a good day was had by all.

5 comments:

Brian Eberly said...

Don't you hate it when the "kids beat the youth pastor?" :-)

Anonymous said...

Your score 'way beat mine (though I don't remember mine--not very important) when I bowled last week with your sibs.

Anonymous said...

But I did knock a few down!

'neice said...

I so cannont bowl...but I love it anyway! Glad you had a good time! :)

Brian Vinson said...

I even tried my usual strike-getter, the bowl between the legs method, and I got a gutterball. I was so disappointed!