Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksmasgiving

If you're a "Thief Insider" you know that my family celebrates the holidays when it's most convenient for us. Meaning when the Dunce family comes from across the pond. So for the last couple of years, it's been such that on or near Thanksgiving, we get together and celebrate Thanksgiving and we exchange our Christmas gifts, too.

Mr. and Mrs. Dunce seemed to like hanging out with the little boys (we won't go into the unfortunate and very accidental kick-in-the-head incident).
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This year Jonathan even got into the act; he made Christmas ornaments for everyone. He was super-pleased to give them out - he gave them gift bags, but then he wanted to give the actual gifts, too.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Of course, Jonathan loved getting gifts, too. He hasn't stopped playing with his bugs (it was very funny when he was begging to take his bugs to bed with him and he didn't want to narrow it down to one bug), wild animals, and play food (he always gives me the spaghetti). And, yes, those are Elmo slippers, which he absolutely loves.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Andrew even got into the act, and he loves his London Fire Brigade outfit.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Although I logged some 18 hours of driving over the week (well, to be fair, 4 of it was work-related driving on Monday, but it was during the week), it was a good excuse to get together and give thanks for what we do have.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you could share some pictures with me, I would appreciate it. I was too busy bustling around to take enough...

Big Mama said...

And it was total fun and I can now enjoy Christmas like it was meant to be because all my Christmas shopping is DONE! Well, most of it anyway! I LOOOOOOOVE Thanksmasgiving!

Heath said...

I only wish I could be so lucky to get that all out of the way at once! It would save sooo much driving around! My kids have those same animals... well I should say had, we haven't seen them for a while... Wait! Are those OUR animals?!?!

Anonymous said...

Thanksgiving + Christmas = Thanksmas!

:)

Anonymous said...

Shay, I don't think you're ready for *my* version of the name: Thanksmaskwanzgivingkah. ;) Adding my birthday in gets WAYYY too confusing, so there's a whole different holiday for that.

Anonymous said...

Haha. hey, it's all good. i love hearing about everyone's traditions and new holidays that they've come up with over the years. (thanksmas is new for me this year)

peace!