A "Get to Know Me" Christmas List
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags: I like my presents wrapped, but I don't care what kind of wrapping it is. It can be a Wal-Mart bag or newspaper (comic section please!), but I like to "wrap" gifts in gift bags. Unless they are for Jonathan, because it's just so fun to watch him tear into the wrapping paper.
2. Real or Artificial tree? Artificial. I'm allergic.
3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime after Christmas. Hopefully before Easter. :-)
5. Do you like Eggnog? Ahhhh, yeah.
6. Favorite Gift you received as a child? My dinosaur set - the one my parents, errr, Santa, delivered downstairs much later than the rest of the gifts.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. We usually put up the one my sister hand painted for us, but this year we're sticking with the Little People one.
8. Hardest person to buy for? It used to be Tara's parents, but this year, when they decided that they "didn't want" gifts from us (really, they couldn't afford to reciprocate), it was really easy to get them something (no, I know what you're thinking, and it wasn't just easy to find them something because they didn't want anything; it was easy to get them something because they can always use things with their grandchildren on them).
9. Easiest person to buy for? My mom. There's just so much that she likes.
10. Slinky. I got it from Greg O in the fourth grade and I was horribly disappointed.
11. Christmas Cards: Snail mail or E-mail? Snail mail, definitely. And when we get ones with pictures, we save them and put them in our scrapbook at the end of the year.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie/Show? "Charlie Brown Christmas" is the only one I'd even watch. I don't like the rest of them. Except that one with the BB gun is pretty funny, especially if you're watching it with certain people.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. Seriously we've been collecting gifts for Jonathan since right after his birthday in May.
14. Have you ever 'recycled' a Christmas present? We are the royal family of re-gifting.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Food... we have great meals on Christmas. Last year it was this huge breakfast spread. It was awesome.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored. Definitely.
17. Favorite Christmas Song? You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch
18. Travel at Christmas or Stay Home? I'd rather stay home on Christmas day.
19. Can you name Santa's Reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Donner Party, Blitzen, Vomit, Cupid, and my sister's favorite (from her favorite Christmas movie) Prancer.
20. Do you have an Angel or a Star on top of your tree? An angel
21. Open the Presents Christmas Eve or Morning? Christmas morning, duh.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? How early the stores start playing Christmas Music.
23. Shopping: Online...
24. Do you decorate outside for Christmas or just inside(or at all?): We usually do some lights on the house, but we haven't done any this year. We have a wreath on the door and Grandma Skelly's fiberoptic Santa on the porch.
25. Favorite Christmas cookie? Yes, please.
26. Do you own Christmassy clothing or jewelry? I have a couple of Christmas ties and a pair of Christmas socks.
27. Do you believe in Santa? I have pictures of the kids with him.
28. Favorite Christmas tradition? Reading Luke 2:1-20 before opening gifts.
29. Favorite Christmas memory? Maybe not when I was a freshman in college and I was at a girlfriend's house on Christmas evening and her step-dad and step-brothers were passing around a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20. I think maybe it was last year watching Jonathan opening his presents, each accompanied by a huge"WOW!"
30. Embarrassing, Chaotic, or unexpected Christmas moment? I got a box labeled "Corningware" from my favorite aunt, the one who always gave great gifts. I was crushed. But then I opened it up and found my second favorite gift ever: G.I. Joes (the big ones)
I stole this list from Tina.