Wednesday, May 27, 2009

This morning as I was running, I decided to make a loop around Brooks Park. If you're not from around here, Brooks Park is a little park that extends into Buckeye Lake; in the mornings it's quiet (unless you disturb the geese, especially if you do it on purpose) and the lake is still. It's a nice short little run by the lake.

Anyway, as I headed out to the park, I first noticed that there were several dumpsters, all full of very large cardboard boxes. When I got closer, I realized that they were recycling containers.

Full recycling containers.

Dumped in trash dumpsters after the weekend's festivities.

Nice.

2 comments:

Big Mama said...

Took me a bit to get this one duhhh. What was it about "stupid"?

dunce said...

Sometimes cleanup crews stack recycling containers in dumpsters temporarily so they're all in one place and the truck can take them away more easily - this is how it worked at a couple of events I helped with. of course it only works if there isn't also regular trash in them, and if this really is the intent.