Thursday, October 28, 2004

Utherica

I never thought I would get caught up in one of the nations of the Youth Specialties Off-Topic forum. After all, they are all hundreds of pages long, and, well, when I stumbled in there to see what was going on, I was always certain that I didn't belong there. After all, they all knew each other pretty doggone well, and I was the newcomer. So then one day, there were two new "nations" -- Jakelantis and Utherica. It just happened that they showed up when I was sick and all I felt like doing was sitting in front of the computer.

So for some reason, I decided that I would join Utherica, so I started out by telling about the time I made Tony Lawrence laugh so hard he snarfed taco out through his nose. And it progressed to me naming myself Resident Bard.

Which reminds me, I'm having a song published! Well, so it's in the Appalachia Service Project newsletter, the Front Porch, and it's just the lyrics, but I'm pretty stoked. I'm psyched that they went out looking for who wrote the song about Ival Hunsucker.

Anyway, I'm doing research for this week's Confirmation lesson on Communion... There's a lot of serious teaching there, not just for 8th graders, but for anyone. I'll bet that the Exodus/Passover imagery of Communion is lost on most members of most congregations...

No comments: