Friday, January 28, 2005

Nehemiah Leadership Institute (again)

Today was the closing (i.e., graduation) of the Nehemiah Leadership Institute. I ended up with a lot of tools that I think would have been helpful for me to have started in ministry with (as opposed to having to get them now, 3 1/2 years into my job here). I'm talking about management (man eating a mint) skills such as organization, delegation, planning, etc., areas where I've struggled. I'm now on a track to being much more organized than I've ever been.

A highlight of the class was during graduation, each of us were given a chance to speak for 2 minutes, but before we spoke, we were introduced by one of the trainers. This was a total surprise. My introduction went like this:

Our next speaker is talented, determined, and eager. He is a pursuer of quality and depth of ministry effectiveness. Creative and energetic and winsome, I am reminded of Matthew 5:6 "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."

It meant a lot to me to be introduced that way.

No comments: