Thursday, February 10, 2005

Another Game, Another Goal

So it goes in my life. I managed to get out of Board Meetings (including the Land Acquisition Taskforce meeting, to start following the Executive Board Meeting, which usually starts at 8:20) and play soccer. I'm glad I did. This team even had jerseys and numbers; they looked pretty sharp. They played well, too, always hustling, getting back on defense, running, running, and they had a good GK who stopped a great shot I hit low to his right.

At halftime it was 1-0, us. We seemed to have a little more gas in the second half, but I was going scoreless until I caught a break. I was running at speed down the center with the ball. I waited until the defender was almost on me, then I flicked the ball to my right. Steve, who was right there, one-touched it back to me and I was open in front of the goal. I hit the ball hard and low, and it was past the keeper to his left.

Final score: 5-0.

No comments: