Monday, February 07, 2005

The Big Game...

We had our Super Bowl party last night -- we had 4 area churches represented at the Y for our party, which seemed to be a big hit. Our kids, however, didn't seem to have brought any friends. The whole idea of this was to be an outreach, and I don't know how I could have made it any easier. I mean, it was in a big group environment. It was at a neutral site (so even if their friend doesn't like "church" they can feel free to come), it was fun and games with an evangelistic half-time. And it was free! There was food, there was a huge screen TV, there was basketball and dodgeball...

Yet our kids didn't invite anyone. What do I have to do? Do I have to hold their hands and invite people for them? They are the ones who have the contacts at school, on their teams, etc.

But, that aside, I think it was a success, especially as a first attempt to get our youth groups together. I had a good time, especially playing 4v4 basketball during the 3rd quarter. Yes, I was team captain (wouldn't have been except that nobody else except one kid made the free throw) of the "Old Guys" team. That team included 3 adult leaders and one youth, but that youth was WooTAH, who became a rebounding machine (scored a couple key baskets, too).

So that's done with, and now we're gearing up for the 30 Hour Famine.

No comments: