Friday, February 04, 2005

Another Soccer Story

Once again, it was Thursday night, and time for the Alliance to play indoor soccer. And once again I made the scoring chart, this time with 3 goals and 2 assists. The first goal was my first shot; the defenders gave me way too much room on the left side, and I went near-post with the left foot. Keeper got his hands on it, but it was too quick for him to save.

My first assist was nice; I was standing with my back to the goal -- I received a pass and back-heel flicked it to a running forward who buried it.

My second goal was a thing of beauty (oh, for a videotape of the game). I juked the defender with a quick spin move and found myself in the clear in front of the goal (again, left side). I hit what might be the hardest left foot shot I've ever hit and went top shelf on the keeper.

In the second half, I got the repeat of my assist, but this time I was the recipient of the pass. I hit another rocket top shelf (this time right footed).

I had what might have been the indoor game of my life. One of the defenders said he was going to have to keep a hand in my face because I was too good. I won every 50-50 ball I went for. My jukes worked. It was just one of those games.

No comments: