Sunday, November 13, 2005

Cool!
Today, Denny and Jesse came out for a visit, and it was awesome. They brought their guitars and played with me during worship. Our little country church rocked out. We played Come, Now is the Time to Worship, the Wonderful Cross, Amazing Grace, Clean Hands, and You are my King. This little church had a great time with all the songs, and there were a lot of people who made such comments as "Can your friends come back next week?" or "We'd love to have them back." It was great to have them playing in the service, but it was more great to see them and just to get to play music with them and hang out with them for lunch. There's something about playing music together, however, that just beats anything.

Now then, all we were missing were the Belair brothers...

5 comments:

Brian Eberly said...

I so agree about there just being something very cool about playing music with others! I have been playing bass with our student worship team and I'm loving it.

Anonymous said...

Oh Man!! And I wish I had been there too: not to play but just to BE. You sang all my favorite songs! WEll, some of them anyway!

Heath said...

Brian, If you ever need a drummer...
Thank you for being the only person to ever post a comment on my blog.

Brian Vinson said...

Rock on, Heath. You can probably tell by the pictures that we're painfully without a drummer... any time, man. Any time...

Anonymous said...

You have it so right! Playing music with a group of people that you really connect with is just the best. There is nothing like it. You chose some great songs too. I have really enjoyed checking out your site...you have a great eye to the things of God. Keep up the good work.