Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Some More Responses and Some Thoughts

In case you're keeping track at home, my interviews (for full conference membership) take place on March 14 at 2:00 pm - at the same time as my friends Jeff, Pete, and Kelvin. We are the four remaining from our peer group.

Full conference membership means that they will completely recognize me as "credentialed" (which means that I will have a vote in conference matters and that I will be required to make the conference minimum for an "elder in full connection" which is something like $3K more than a "probationary member" is required to get).

I do appreciate your prayers for the interviews. I'm not nervous about them; I've had other interviews with groups that weren't supposed to like me and they turned out fine. I think it's part of my personality/Spiritual gifts package that makes me good in these situations.

And, yes, Mary Beth, I'll keep you in my prayers.

As you might know, tomorrow is Ash Wednesday. Which means I have an extra sermon to write. I thought I had my old "sermon barrel" ones on disk somewhere, but I can't find them. Too bad; last year's was good enough that even DH thought it was good. hehehehe. So I'm finding some time between blogging to write it.

Seriously, and I've probably said this before, but Ash Wednesday is one of my favorite services to do. Why? Because people are there on purpose. It's not just cultural (in a Protestant church, that is) to go to the Ash Wednesday service. And when people are there on purpose, special things happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never done an Ash Wednesday service before, so I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. I'm just not looking forward to a two-sermon week. I do well to produce one.