Friday, March 17, 2006

Did You Know...

I got this from a friend, but instead of e-mailing it out to people, I thought I'd put my answers here. So anyway, did you know...

Four jobs I've have had in my life:
  1. Pastor
  2. Lexington Christian Academy: JV soccer coach (and assistant varsity coach)
  3. "City" of Wilmore: poopie plant (mostly painting and some other odd jobs - worst was when they put me up in the bucket of a front loader to grind rust spots off the large poopie tank)
  4. Norris University Center, Northwestern University: House Staff (setting up meeting rooms), House Staff senior attendant (meaning I was 2nd in charge over House Staff), Center Manager (top dog), and Shanley Hall Coordinator (meaning I locked and unlocked Shanley Hall, the little shack where the Arts Alliance group had some of their plays and the Black Greek Council had their parties. I sometimes had to tell people that it was time to leave -- they didn't like that, and other times I had to clean up after them -- I didn't like that).
Four movies I would watch (and have watched) over and over:
  1. Better Off Dead (best.movie.ever.)
  2. The Blues Brothers
  3. Napoleon Dynamite (stupidest.movie.ever. It's just addicting)
  4. Uncle Buck
Four places I have lived:
  1. Chicago, IL (Rogers Park)
  2. Nizhny Novgorod, Russia (6 weeks in 1993)
  3. Nicholasville, KY
  4. Ohio

Four TV shows I love to watch:

  1. soccer
  2. college football
  3. college basketball (especially NCAA tournament)
  4. NFL football (or AFL - my Sunday afternoon naps just go better with pro football)
Four places I have been on vacation:
  1. London, England - approximately 9 months before Jonathan was born
  2. Smoky Mountains - I've been there many, many times, including with my family growing up, backpacking there with Tara, and doing the "tourist" kind of thing with our Sunday School class from Southland. A couple of highlights were when we woke up on a backpacking trip to find snow (and completely frozen drinking water) and, of course, when I proposed to Tara under a waterfall.
  3. Somewhere rather random in Canada (and all the way up along Lake Michigan) - that was an interesting family trip that I won't forget
  4. Wisconsin - besides the most recent trip there, which was really fun except for Tara tearing up her knee, we had lots of fun there when my parents lived there, including cross-country skiing across the street in the state park, building a snowman on frozen Lake Geneva, camping, hiking, and mountain biking in the state parks (and, of course, our honeymoon was up there).
Four websites I visit daily:
  1. YMX (Youth Ministry Exchange)
  2. This site
  3. Other weblogs (including Whose Line is it Anyway, Confederacy of a Dunce, Call it What You Want, The Musings of (whatever he wants to call himself at the moment) and Monday Morning Insight).
  4. Bible Gateway
Four of my favorite foods:
  1. El Famous Burrito
  2. Chipotle Burrito
  3. Pizza (I'm not too picky)
  4. Good Thai food
Four places I would rather be right now:
  1. Somewhere warm
  2. On a soccer field
  3. Hanging out with Tara
  4. Upstairs in bed watching a ballgame (I think I'll go make that one come true)

1 comment:

'neice said...

I am trying to play catch up on your blog! Hope you are doing well!