Monday, December 18, 2006

Not-so-Deep Thoughts from the Weekend

First of all, props to the two pre-teen girls whose mom agreed that the family would light the Advent Candle Sunday. When mom couldn't come because she was sick, the girls did it anyway. Even though they weren't aware that they had been volunteered until I talked to them (I did give them an "out" in case they didn't want to do it).

Next, I love a good indoor soccer game. I've been coaching a team this session, and we've been having a lot of fun. It's great seeing the kids having such a good time. But this week, after the game, I was sticking around to talk (and to invite our kids to come to church for Christmas Eve if they're not already affiliated with another church - really, this is all about one kid for me), when we found that the game following ours had ended in a forfeit. Meaning that the team that showed up had nobody to play. So being the gracious fellow I am, I volunteered to play so that this team could get to play their "game." It was nothing short of a slaughter. Even when, for the whole second half, we played with 4 players (3 field, 1 keeper) to their 7. We tried to make sure that we passed a whole lot, that we did every fancy move possible, and that every goal came on a fantastic assist. And we sprinted back on defense. It was so fun.

Finally, with all of the "hustle and bustle" of this season, who else is being able to take time and catch up on scrapbooking? Yes, that's what we've been doing. We're still working on our Grand Canyon trip (check the blog archives for May 2006 - you'll have to scroll down a little to get to the CG trip). Oh, we've already got the gifts wrapped and everything. I love it!

No comments: