Sunday, April 29, 2007

Vacation

My faithful readers might be wondering where I've been. I decided not to broadcast my travel plans, as my brother, the DUNCE, had his house burgled once when he was on vacation. Anyway, the family went to Kentucky for the week before the marathon, and we had a relaxing good time.

On the way down, we stopped at Parky's Farm in Cincinnati. It was fun seeing the animals and playing in the park. There was a school group there, but they went in for lunch shortly after we finished ours, so we had the run of the place. It was a lot of fun, and it made for a good break on the ride to Kentucky.

Some of the highlights of our trip included the Evansville Children's Museum (which we got into for free because they have a reciprocal agreement with the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery in Dayton). We had a good time there; Jonathan absolutely loved being there. There were all sorts of things for him to play with and to touch and to get into ...

Andrew was worn out by the whole thing, but he wasn't about to fall asleep and miss anything!

After the museum, we met my dad at their favorite restaurant, Acropolis (in Evansville), where we enjoyed a fantastic dinner (way too much to eat - we would have been fine having just eaten the appetizers - but it was all too good to stop eating! I especially liked the giros (of course - they're my favorite), and the hummus was fantastic.

I'll finish this entry up with a few pictures. I hope you enjoy them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad to see people enjoying Grandpa's hats!
Something about the marathon soon? :)

Big Mama said...

Now how did you get that link to Acropolis???? Pretty neat! It was fun and we enjoyed you all so much! Thanks for coming!