Friday, April 20, 2007

What Can You Say?

Last week in services, I gave homework. I told the congregation to look for Jesus around them. How is He still at work? Sometimes it's hard to see Him while we're in the midst of things, but we often see Him in the "rear-view mirror."

Well, this week some things have happened to make people ask "Where is God?" Yes, I'm talking about the Virginia Tech shootings.

I haven't been able to keep up with all of the news, but my friend Derek has done a fantastic job on his blog. Look at the faces of the victims and read their stories. Also, get some tissues and read the tributes Derek has assembled.

The truth is, it's hard to see God's hand in this situation. But I hold on to the hope that John spoke of in Revelation 21:1-4
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

Until then, we are all in it together. If you are a Christian, please continue (or start) living a Christian life in front of the world who continues to ask "Where is God when it hurts?"

1 comment:

Derek said...

Hey Brian, thanks for posting the linkage.