Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Not feeling very inspired to write.

Everyone in the family but me is sick.

The funeral went well on Monday - it was good to see David and the family (especially to meet the little ones), though I would have liked to have done so in a better context. We hope to get back together with them in the Fall. I was glad to be a part of the funeral because that family means a lot to me. Bob's daughter, Julie, had one requirement - that the person doing the funeral "knew Dad" - I certainly knew Bob. I think the congregation assembled to celebrate his life appreciated how I knew him and that I didn't try to pretend he was someone he wasn't. I included his stubbornness and his "know-it-all" attitude (he could converse intelligently on any subject and if he didn't know something, he could BS with the best of them - or he'd pepper you with questions until he knew everything you did on the subject). But I also included his "behind the scenes" work and his love for his family - these were evident to anyone who knew him.

But anyway, now I'm tired. It takes a lot out of me, not even to mention the driving.

Not much else to report, except...

Andrew is starting to crawl!
and don't give me the line about wishing your kids had never gotten mobile - it's wonderful having mobile kids. We love it.

2 comments:

Big Mama said...

Woo Hoo Andrew!!!! He was so close last week! Soooo Cute! Woe to Jonathan's toys now!

Hope all is better each day with the fam.

'neice said...

Woo hoo!!! That is awesome!