The other night, Tara and I took some time to do some scrapbooking. Now, you've got to realize that there is one time when we can get to the scrapbooking; it's only after the kids are in bed. So the kids were in bed, supposed to be sleeping.
We noticed that Andrew was making more noise than usual, but he sounded happy, so we let them be. But he kept it up for a long time, so we finally went up to check on them. Andrew was, of course, still in his bed.
Well, he had (in no particular order):
- emptied an entire bottle of cough medicine all over the bedroom (including the floor, his bed, Andrew's bed, all sheets and blankets, and both boys
- lost the dropper somewhere
- found an unused toilet paper roll and TP'ed the entire room (mostly Andrew's bed)
- poured a cup (or several cups) of water on Andrew
- taken Andrew's (now sopping wet) pajamas half-way off
- put Andrew's secondary blanket in the sink with the water running
Yeah, we were proud. So we stripped two boys and two beds and put all the bedclothes in the wash and both boys back to bed and went back down to scrapbook. Jonathan was unhappy because he didn't have his blanket, but he seemed to get prepared for bed...
When we went back up to give him his (now clean and dry) blanket back, we found that Jonathan had done the following:
- taken all of the packages of wipes out of the closet and scattered them around his floor
- thrown all his bedclothes on the floor
- opened a dresser drawer and climbed on the dresser and retrieved Andrew's bear bank
- opened the bear bank and shook out all the money
- stuffed the money through the register and into the heating duct.
Yeah, it's fun living with toddlers...