Sunday, November 29, 2009

Singing God's Praises

This morning I woke up early enough to feed the baby and to go for a run before I needed to be at the church to prepare for worship. It was a fantastic morning for a run - 43 degrees (cold enough to wear tights & gloves, warm enough to not feel frozen) - and the sun was just beginning to rise.  As it hovered just below the horizon, the sky began to change color, first subtly, then dramatically.

I was listening to praise music on my iPod: Robby Seay Band, to be specific, and the song Beautiful Scandalous Night.

I have to admit that I'm already very much in the swing of Christmas preparation - my prayer has been that Christmas will be a fantastic time of worship, of celebrating Jesus' birthday, both for me and for my church.

But the very thought of Jesus willingly giving his life on the cross, in the context of His birth in the manger, when in the beautiful colors of the morning, the rising sun in the background...

...it was almost overwhelming.

I am continuing to worship God and to sing His praises - O for 1000 tongues to sing my great redeemer's praise!  Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty!!

No comments: