Three Important Observations to keep in mind as church leaders:
1. With every ministry, a special mercy is needed. In 2 Corinthians 4, Paul talks about this - it is only through God's mercy that "we have this ministry" - and that must always be true. It's never about us; we don't "preach ourselves" but only Jesus Christ. We are "jars of clay" (v. 7) - or "earthen vessels" to show that the power is God's, not ours.
2. In every ministry, the same things must be renounced and rejected:
- Hiding shameful things
- Doing deceitful things (wearing masks/playing games)
- Corrupting truthful things
- It's not about me.
- We declare Jesus Christ as Lord (it's all about Him).
- We see ourselves as bondservants.
- We never forget who we are... and who He is.
- We fight temptation to be self-reliant, spectacular, or controlling.